Thursday, May 7, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday - Living Room Edition




Welcome back for another week of the home tour, created by Kelly! This week we're touring living rooms!

Kevin and I have two living areas, so I decided to post about them both today. We only really use the TV room, but occasionally we will sit in the other room with company. Our decorations are a little bare, since I like to add a little at a time and we've only been here a year. I am looking forward to getting some good ideas from others participating today!

Here is the view of our TV room from the kitchen.


Here you can see our Guitar Hero supplies - one of our new favorite activities, haha.


I love my new cross that I got at Canton last week!


The rooms are connected with a see-through fireplace. I love it, but am sad to admit that we have actually only used it twice in the year that we have lived here.


These are on the mantle on the TV room side of the fireplace. They're my favorite, simple decorations because I love the message.


If you walk around the fireplace you enter the family room.






From the front door:


Through the half wall in the dining room:


So that's our living room situation! You may have noticed quite a few candles - I am obsessed! I usually have at least 4 going around the house at any given time!

Check back tomorrow because I plan to blog about the week's happenings - fits, funny comments, teacher appreciation week, and arms stuck in chairs. It should be fun - just like this week.

11 comments:

Rachel said...

Loving that see through fireplace!

Mommyto3andahusky said...

LOVE the pics of your dog in there too! :) Cute house and dog! :)

Debbie said...

What a beautiful cross. The pillows on the couch with all the colors makes it look homey and cozy. Debbie

Heather said...

You have such a cute living room! Love the fireplace and the accessories!!

Unknown said...

Lovin that fireplace! YOu need to use that more girl!

Pam Bowers said...

Nice. Very spacious.

Watts Family said...

Your home is very pretty! I love going to Canton!! You can find everything you need there to decorate. We need to have a "blogger party" at Canton one weekend...haha..I bet a lot of the Kelly's Friday Fans shop there!
Have a great weekend!

Many Blessings,

Amanda

Megan said...

Fellow Texan the LOVES Canton! I'd drive to Canton from Waco in college for First Mondays, but haven't been in awhile since I moved to Houston.

Love your house, and I love the dog popping up in pictures!

Annie said...

I like the coffee table is beautiful.

Have a nice weekend.

 The Morris Family said...

Love the fireplace, when we do a little re-model, I want to do that with ours!! I did not post my LR but I have enjoyed looking at every bodies!!
Cindy

Sar(Mrs.Teddy) said...

I love you space! The double fireplace is so unique! I have rockband in my living room as well! It may not be the best decor but its shows we are fun people! Thanks for sharing!