Monday, October 25, 2010

25 Weeks!

25 Weeks has been eventful so far! On Wednesday I went to the doctor and he was appalled at my weight gain thus far. Let me just say that my blood pressure is average and my blood sugar is low. Also, I do not think that I look like a fat cow just yet, but I may be mistaken.

Anyway, my doctor did the thing that pregnant women have nightmares about and put me on a DIET. And not just any diet - I can only eat 1800 calories a day! The baby takes 300 so that leaves me with 1500 for my own 5'10, growing body. I told him that I was going to lose weight and he assured me that I probably would not, but that even if I did that Jaxon will be just fine. Surprise, surprise, I have already lost 6 pounds in 5 days. And I am STARVING all day long! I eat low-cal meals to try to leave room for snacks, but I am only getting three small, 100 calorie snacks per day. I plan on calling him on Wednesday to discuss this little "situation" further.

Other than that - things have been going great! I can feel him moving all the way at the bottom of my abdomen and at the top at the same time - he's a big guy now, and only getting bigger! I feel wonderful and have so much energy, which is a blessing considering my line of work! I have also been very pleased with my skin and my hair - probably a side effect of my prenatal vitamins and iron supplements.

On Saturday night two of our good friends got married and we attended the wedding. It was so beautiful and fun! Kevin and I danced as much as my pregnant body could handle in the 3 inch heels I dared to wear - and Jaxon loved it! I have a feeling we'll be doing a lot of dancing around the house with him in a few months. We took my 25 week pictures a couple of days early, since I was all dressed up for the wedding. Here you go!





I went to this enormous consignment sale last week called Just Between Friends (JBF) over in Klein by my school. It comes to town twice a year - in the fall and in the spring, and it is AMAZING. I bought 5 outfits, 2 robes, 3 hooded towels, 12 washcloths, a floppy seat grocery cart cover, a Milk Saver, a tummy time mat, another play mat, and some toys. Many of the things were brand-new with tags, and I only paid less than $80! It is so much fun to buy for our little boy :)

I'll update again soon!

No comments: