Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hi friends!

It has been about a week since I updated and I apologize for that, but I have been so busy! I went to San Antonio last Thursday to take my sister home and to spend a week with my family. I just got back to Flower Mound this morning.

I got to spend some really fantastic time with my parents and my sister, and also some friends back home. My mom, sister, and I went to some cool thrift stores one day and to have a greek lunch. Another day my mom and I hung out at the pool to get some sun. My mom has a much higher heat and sun tolerance than me! Another day my whole family went to an awesome flea market where I found some great deals on Halloween decorations. On Monday night, my oldest and dearest friend Emily came over, along with her sister Valerie and her mom Becky. The five of us, my mom included, had a sleepover! We played games, watched movies, and caught up with each other's lives. Emily and I have been friends for 16 years, and even though we haven't lived in the same town for 5 years now and may not ever again, I always enjoy our time together and things always seem so easy with us.

I missed Kevin so much while I was gone! This is the first time we have been apart for even a night since we have been married for over a year. It was great to be with my family back home, but I was happy to get back home to my husband. I left San Antonio at 5:30am this morning to get back in time to see Kevin before he left for some afternoon appointments. We even went and had a nice lunch together :)

After Kevin went to work, I tackled the job of cleaning our shower. It has been leaking for a while, and Kevin fixed it while I was gone. The problem is, while it leaked for a week or so, some mildew formed in the grout along the bottom. I'm pretty sure I inhaled too many of those fumes, because I have been feeling sick ever since :( Before I got into cleaning the shower, I re-organized some closets and unpacked. Busy day!

Like I said, Kevin fixed the shower while I was gone. He also hung our surround sound and completely replaced our kitchen sink fixtures because they were messed up. I also came home to a freshly mowed yard and beautiful growth in all of my flower beds because of the fertilizers and root stimulators he has been putting out weekly. I am very lucky to have such a hard working husband!

I'll be heading back to school in no time... I'm counting down the days until I can get back into my classroom after the remodeling is finished to see/start cleaning up the mess that will inevitably have settled in my room. That's the bad part about being the closest classroom to the office and bathrooms - when those things are torn down and rebuilt mine is the closest to demolition :(

More to come later in the week!

1 comment:

Mandy and Jack said...

Your life sounds so very much like my life. :) Minus the classrooms.