Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A New Yard and a Trip to the Vet

The last few days have been filled with working in the yard! Kevin and I ripped out three huge bushes from in front of our house by tying them to his truck and driving away! Then I filled the beds in with dirt and planted like 60 more flowers. It looks so much better! Then we ripped all of the ugly vine off of our "purgula," or detached deck, in the back yard. (We had already ripped down the sides, but we scraped it all off of the top as well). Then I hung a bunch of baskets with flowers and painted a bunch of my old clay pots to decorate with. It looks so nice and clean now! Finally, I hung a beautiful wind chime :) What I am most proud of, though, is that I (ALL BY MYSELF) got the electric hedge trimmer and trimmed and shaped all of the many, many shaped bushes in our front yard. Yard work is tough, but it is so rewarding to see the finished product!!!

Today I took Bella to the vet for her annual check-up. I swear you cannot get out the door there for less than $100. Today she got a blood test, exam, rabies vacc, and that other vaccination that I can't remember. It has distemper in it. One time Kevin got mad that Tex had to get it because he read too much into the name that thought that Tex didn't need it because he "has a great temperament!" It was HILARIOUS. So anyway, all of those things came to $109.40. Geeze.

I ended the day with a trip to Garden Ridge and Kroger, followed by laundry and a nap. It was another perfect summer day. I am wondering how on earth I am going to return to work next month and have time for all of these chores. It shall be interesting!!!

My family gets home from Brazil tomorrow so I can go back to talking to them every day again! And then, they come to visit in one week to finally see the house! Yay!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You need to post some pictures to go along with all that yard work so we can see it! :-)