Thursday, April 12, 2012

Jaxon's Itty-Bitty, Teeny-Weeny "Classroom"

Jaxon is growing fast and absorbing everything like a sponge! Just tonight he learned to point to his nose, ears, mouth, feet, and tummy. His vocabulary amazes me; though he isn't saying much yet he recognizes almost everything we say!

Anyway, I want to start working with him at home with some art and learning activities soon, especially since there are only 7 weeks of school left and then I'll be home with him for the summer! Recently we moved our breakfast table out of the breakfast area to make room for Jaxon's table and chairs. Tonight I went nuts in there, making it like a tiny baby classroom! I made and printed posters of the alphabet, numbers, shapes, and colors and I framed them and hung them up. I made an "art gallery" of empty frames and binder clips to hang his work (and I even went ahead and hung the picture he colored on Easter with Mommy and Mammaw). I hung a mirror and a chalkboard. The coolest part (thanks, Pinterest) is a magnet board made out of an oil-drip pan! I hung it using mounting Velcro strips. I bought these cute little wooden animal and transportation shapes from Hobby Lobby and put magnet tape on the back of them, and I did the same thing with popsicle sticks, glow-in-the-dark dinosaurs and animals, and letters and numbers. The organizer in the corner holds his paper and coloring books, the cool crayons and stampers for babies that they grab the plastic animal with their fist and scribble, some chalk, and some play-dough (it'll be a couple of months before that).

I think it all came together very nicely - I am so happy with the finished product! I hope Jaxon likes it as much as I do. Here are some pictures:















No comments: