At 19 months, Jaxon is:
- · Saying about 60-70 words, and his speech becoming much more clear.
- · Eager to learn new things. He identifies many animals, colors, and objects.
- · Still loves clocks and has become attached to his puppy lovie.
- · Plays imaginary games, such as bringing me pretend objects, hiding things and pretending to not know where they are and then “finding them,” and pretending something is broken and then “fixing” it and clapping for himself.
- · Recognizes cars and trucks that look like mine and Kevin’s and points them out. Watches for trucks and construction equipment while driving.
- · Started Montessori, has a hard time adjusting but learns new things every day and has become much more social. Calls for mommy when she drops him off. He gets to do art, play on a covered playground, sing, and learn daily.
- · Had his first “big boy” haircut where he sat by himself
- · Learned how to “drive” a power wheels car
- · Put high chair away for good – he sits in a booster with us at the table or at his picnic table.
- · Started 2 word phrases like “more milk.” My favorites have been “more mama” when he wanted a hug and “love you.”
- · Picks between two objects to tell me which he wants. Can often point to the snack he wants in the pantry and attempt to say the word. I’m going to let him pick his Halloween costume this year.
- · Making several animal sounds: dog, cat, cow, pig, monkey, bunny (hop hop), lobster (pinch pinch), truck, bus, horse, dinosaur
Favorite foods: Bean and cheese tacos, string cheese, fruit snacks, animal crackers, chips and dip, any fruit you put in front of him (raspberries are the favorite)
Favorite Books: Hippos Go Berserk, A Day at the Farm, Doggies, The Going to Bed Book, Goodnight Moon
Favorite Toys: fishing game, clock, cars and trucks, stacking and nesting cups, lights and sounds wagon, balls, puppy
Favorite activities: Playing outside, hide and seek, “fishing,” playing with cars and trucks, driving his car and truck, coloring (I’ve watched his coloring evolve from one or two lines on a page to a full scribble), play dough, reading
Bedtime routine: Bath at 7:30 followed by two books, always Hippos Go Berserk and another. Then a prayer, rocking, and to his crib drowsy but awake.
Outside (much more clear)
Up-down (goes for up and down haha)