Tuesday, February 10, 2009

100 Days of School!

Howdy, everyone! I apologize for the delay in posting...again...it's becoming somewhat of a habit I guess. With school and my classes it seems like I barely have time to come up for air, much less to blog. And then we went to San Antonio to see my family this weekend (which was amazing btw), so that's why you didn't hear from me over the weekend!

Yesterday was our 100th day of school! In the primary grades, this is a huge deal. We play it up big time - counting 100 things, writing 100 words, bringing in a collection of 100 things, playing games with counting to 100, and having a party. This year the kids ate 100 calorie packs for snack, which I thought was cute. But try explaining what a calorie is to 22 curious 6 year olds. Not easy. I actually probably couldn't even explain that to you guys, considering my knowledge is extremely limited!

I took an adorable class picture with our 100 day glasses on, but due to new guidelines in our district I can't post it - sorry :( I do have some that I can show you, though!

100 days down, 76 to go!


Emily (my teammate) and I in our 100 day glasses - imagine the kiddos walking around all day in these! And yes, I did too.

Kinder and 1st grade teachers in our shirts with 100 things on them - mine has 100 jewels :)

We did some cute writing activities with the "100" theme, and some of them turned out really cute!

Here is 'Jake' writing his 100 words - many of my kids chose to use the dictionary to find bigger words!



This paper is cute and funny (click to view it larger):

This one says that having 100 babies could really be a problem - can you imagine? I also think it's cute how it says that she hopes that in 100 years she can make 100 friends.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I had to laugh because, as I was passing out the homework at the end of the day, I suddenly sneezed. In an effort to cover my mouth and not spread my germs, I flew my hand up to my face. This hand just happened to be holding the stack of homework I was passing out, which I sneezed all over. From across the room, I hear E gasp. She said "Um, I didn't actually want snot all over my homework."

I will seriously try to update before the end of the week!

Have a good one!

No comments: