Thursday, April 15, 2010

Mostly an update on the house

The house has been progressing very quickly this last week!

They brought all of our cabinets in on Monday. They look great!

Kitchen


Master bath


Headknockers in each bathroom


Then on Tuesday they did the floor tile.







And the fireplace:


Then on Wednesday a lot happened!

They finished the wall tile in the bathrooms and all of the grout. I'm very happy with my choice to go with dark grout:








They also put in our sprinkler system and dropped off our sod:


The most exciting part of Wednesday was that they finished the brick and stone on the house and I LOVE IT. We even have cute little shutters, which were a surprise to me.


And then today was another very exciting day. They put in all of our landscape!




Not much happened on the inside today, other than the last little bits of trim went in and we got a hand rail on our stairs. I also picked out our paint colors today. They're painting later this week I believe. We're painting under the chair rail in our dining room a brick red color, and also the fireplace wall in the living room. The game room will be a light olive green color, we'll have a brown accent wall in our bedroom, and the powder room downstairs is going to be a deep purple. Our base paint for the rest of the house is a dark khaki color, and the trim is linen - kind of a creamy off-white. We're starting to get really excited now!

On another note, work is going a little better. On TAKS Baseball this week, students in both of my classes got almost every single question correct! While it's a huge relief, I refuse to "count my chickens before they hatch," and instead am going to continue doing everything I can until TAKS on the 27th and 28th.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It looks like you will be moving in soon! I know you and Kevin are really excited! The house is just beautiful!! I hope ya'll are adjusting and loving Houston, again. Love you both, Aunt Sandra