Monday, April 12, 2010

My first funny story in my new job

I have this boy in my morning class who is very...intense. If he forgets his homework he cries and yells "I'M SO SORRY PLEASE FORGIVE ME!" over and over. If he accidentally bumps into someone he throws his body down in front of them and begs for forgiveness. If I go too fast and leave him behind when I'm teaching he gets really angry and frustrated.

Intense.

Anyway, he likes his things to be in order. The problem is, my afternoon class comes in and sits in the same desks where my morning class keeps their belongings. Last Thursday, "B," as I'll call the intense boy, noticed that a sticker had been partially peeled off of the top of his pencil box. Let's just say you would think his little world was ending. I finally got him all calmed down and (I thought) he realized that it was not that big of a deal.

I was wrong.

Today he asked his afternoon class teacher if he could use the restroom. Only he didn't go to the restroom. He came to my classroom to find out who sits in his desk.

He stood at the door while I was in the middle of a lesson, pointed dramatically, and yelled "AHA!"

"THERE"S THE LITTLE THIEF WHO HAS BEEN VANDALIZING MY PROPERTY!!!"

"What? No I haven't!"

"DON"T EVEN TRY TO LIE TO ME, YOU LITTLE CROOK. I KNOW WHO YOU ARE!"

This went on until I could get B to go back to class, which was impossible until I removed his pencil box from the vicinity of the culprit.

It's never boring.

No comments: