Sunday, March 29, 2009

Our New - ORGANIZED - Home Office

This weekend Kevin and I took on and completed a huge project. See, when we bought our house we loved everything about it except that we wanted a 4th bedroom, or an office aside from the 3 bedrooms. The previous owners had the 3rd bedroom converted into an office, which we thought was nice at the time. Then we realized that we never use our formal dining room and would get much more use out of that 3rd bedroom. So we packed up the office and moved it into the dining room.

We spent several hours on Saturday at IKEA and The Container Store, buying office furniture and other organizational things. (Note to self: never refer to any kind of bookshelf for your husband as "cubbies." It's the curse of a 1st grade teacher I suppose). Then we came home and spent 8 hours working on the new office, and an additional 7 today. Finally it's done! Here are some pictures:





These are NOT cubbies.


We're happy with how it turned out! We finally have our Aggie office (unfortunately our awesome Texas A&M rug didn't make it into the pictures I took). We also did some other organizational things - in the closet, with my jewelry, and in the laundry room. Oh, and we bought a label-maker and I am absolutely obsessed with it. I have labeled things to the point of it being ridiculous. Perhaps I'll do a post soon showing some of this ridiculousness. Kevin labeled me last night with the a label that said "Label Nerd." He might be right.

Okay, I'm off to bed. I am exhausted after this busy weekend! Have a wonderful Monday.

No comments: