Monday, September 1, 2008

It's not goodbye! It's just see you later.

This post is dedicated to my good friend Van, who sadly is moving to Detroit this week because her husband got a fantastic new job. She's going to stay with her parents in Rowlett until then, so today I had to say goodbye for a while.

I only met Van less than a year ago when Kevin and I started attending our church here in Lewisville. She and Jarret had placed membership shortly before us. We formed a strong friendship quickly, along with the other young married couples at church. Van and I share a lot of the same history, as far as having had difficult relationships with many of our female friends. We were both very blessed to find each other and form a real friendship.

Van is a real friend. She is there for me when I need to talk or to get out of the house for a while and breathe. She's the first one to offer to help when anyone needs it, and she is always thinking of other people before herself. She's an example to me of what a friend should be.

Who am I going to go share sushi happy hour with? Who is going to relentlessly persuade me to make a fool out of myself at karaoke? Who's going to laugh at me next time I give my husband a massive dead leg? Who is going to find ridiculously great bargains with me when I feel like shopping? Who's going to bring home-made cheesecake to Bachelor night???

Van, I know you're going to read this, and I know that what you are feeling is even more sadness than any of us, because you are moving away from all of us. I hope you know that I, and all of us girls for that matter, are always here for you. We're only a phone call or a quick email away. Friendships don't end when distance separates them; they just change. Kevin and I will be praying for you and Jarret as you embark on this exciting new journey together. I'm already looking forward to your first visit home.

God Bless you, Zerbe family!

Until Later,
Meagan

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love my Meagster!!! I just got around to reading your blog.. now I am crying. I miss home soo much and thank goodness for having internet and staying in touch somehow. I am so blessed to have found you...and maybe Kevin ;) I hope to see you guys soon....and you should come up and see our place. It has a bedroom that screams out Kevin and Meagan....and then Casey and Allen...and then Gen and Galen.....:) just not all at the same time.