Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Flattery and Funny Stuff

Sometimes being a teacher is the hardest job in the world. But other times, it is the most wonderful...usually I see it as the latter. Like when I am feeling huge from all the holiday food I have eaten the last several weeks and grumpy due to the stuff my students put me through on a day to day basis, but somehow they still love and admire me. Here are some pictures I was given today:

From K: "Beautiful Girl" - he told me it was me! How sweet is that?


From T:


From E:


How could those NOT make my day?

Also, T proposed to me today. Yes. He asked me if I would marry him. When I reminded him apologetically that I am already married and showed him my ring, he sulked away and said "Too bad." Poor little guy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought this was funny: E came up to me today, the same kid whose "glue taked its own top off", and said "My shoes are MONSTERS!!!" When I looked down, this is what I saw:



Apparantly untied shoes are now "monsters" in first grade. I think it's a funny way to look at it. And if this is truly the case, half the kids on A hall are walking around wearing monsters.

3 comments:

Liz said...

so sweet...love the pic of the shoes!
liz

Em said...

I once had a student draw a picture of me with very large lips, give me his phone number, and tell me to "give him a call."

Riss said...

Those drawings are precious!!