Friday, December 5, 2008

The Mystery Motivator

Earlier this week my class earned our Mystery Motivator by getting all of their letters filled in. I fill in a letter when they receive a compliment, when they work really hard and make me proud of them, when we have no tardies, etc.



We voted on a reward and the kids decided on a popcorn and movie party, so we had it today at the end of the day. I popped a few bags of popcorn, showed a Magic Schoolbus 30 minute video on my Dukane, and let them enjoy it.


You would think each and every one of them won the lottery! And all because of a 30 minute video about baking (going along with our cookie unit), a pile of popcorn, and half a graham cracker!

Sometimes I wish I could go back to when life was that simple. The little things were super exciting, and the biggest things I had to worry about was little Johnny cutting in front of me in line, who my next play date would be with, or how much money the tooth fairy was going to leave me. At least I get to live in 6-year old innocence vicariously through my class!

I hope you have a warm and cozy weekend!

No comments: