Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Quick Funny Thing

Hi everyone,

I know I didn't follow through on Tattle-Tale Tuesday yesterday. I can explain. I forgot the Tattle Book at school, plus because of the break there wasn't much in there to share anyway. Today I just have one quick story for you. It actually happened yesterday. You need some background info though: 'Jake' and "E" are kind of an item; against all criticism and objection from myself, they call themselves "husband" and "wife" behind my back. They call each other "honey" and "dear," they run their fingers through each other's hair, and they have bi-weekly play-dates. The girl has Jake completely wrapped around her tiny little finger.

It happened when we were doing our math journal problems first thing yesterday morning. Jake said "Mrs. White, you look pretty and beautiful today." This is a common compliment from him so I didn't think much of it. I just thanked him and kept teaching. Then I heard a grunt coming from E's deneral direction. I looked up and she was giving Jake the death glare, then switching to me and back and forth. Then she meanly grunted "You're supposed to say that to ME, [JAKE]!!!"

Jake looked like a deer caught in headlights. He said "Uh...uh....Emilia, you look pretty and beautiful, and ... HOT...today."

Yes. You heard that right. Jake thinks Emilia is hot. Either that, or he just needed something that topped the compliment he gave me. Or both.

E fluffed her dress, flipped her hair, smiled her flirty smile, and went back to work.

Aren't they too young for this stuff???

No comments: