Sunday, October 26, 2008

Not Me Monday!



It's time again for Not Me Monday! Check out this blog to see where it all started: http://www.mycharmingkids.net/

Here are a few things I did not do this week...

It would just be embarrassing if I HAD had this conversation with Kevin:
-Kevin: I never spent any time in the MSC.
-Me: That makes sense because I spent time in study groups there and we both know you didn’t study.
-Kevin: Study? Yeah that’s just another 4 letter word in my book.
-Me: ….It has 5 letters. Maybe you should have studied more.

I did NOT pull up to Petsmart to return the costume that, sadly, is after all too small for Tex and realize that it was covered in hair. This thought did not lead me to believe that I should not return the costume in this condition. Then, it would just be SILLY to, while sitting in my freshly detailed car, SHAKE THE COSTUME to get the hair off. Of course I would have thought about the fact that all of the hair that flew off would land in my clean car. Man I’m glad I didn’t do that; that would have been so ridiculous.

Certainly did not get so broken up with laughter while trying to redirect an irate 1st grader last week that I could not look him in the face without laughing, leading him only to more anger. If you knew this kid, you would understand how this could (not) happen!

Did not, while trying to find the best of the picked-over pumpkins in the tall cardboard boxes at Walmart, accidentally drop my purse into the box. And if that did happen, I would not have been wearing my church clothes as I balanced on the edge of the box on my stomach to fish it out. And even if it WERE true, I would have never let this happen in the front of the store with traffic driving through the parking lot.

I certainly have not already started shopping for Christmas decorations! I did NOT spend 3 hours doing so today. Christmas is definitely not my favorite holiday.

I would never sit at the dinner table with my husband and both of our laptops. He is not that obsessed with his fantasy basketball draft and I am not that obsessed with blogging.

I did not sit down with Kevin today and work on our budget through the end of the year…which resulted in us staring blankly at the computer for a good ten minutes before deciding that next year we should be better money managers.

Kevin and I positively did not spend an hour tonight laughing at Chuck Norris facts online. We have more exciting lives than that!

19 comments:

Kameron said...

Hopefully, you didn't give the Walmart shoppers a show! Great not mes!

heidi said...

I love the conversation you DIDN'T have. Sounds like something that wouldn't happen here, either.

Aimee' said...

Found your blog from MckMama's! Great Not Me's!!

Suzanne said...

I love the laptop thing, I picture that in MY future with my husband. Right now, we just fight over the computer! ;)
CountryMom

Anonymous said...

I have NEVER done that at the Wal-Mart pumpkin stand either.

That would be crazy. :)

Amanda Bartell said...

Have you ever googled "find chuck norris" and then hit the "i'm feeling lucky" button? That does not get a chuckle out of me every time I do it:)

Anna said...

Oh, the dog costume and the pumpkin thing sounds like a day in my life! Thanks for the great giggles!

Shanan Strange said...

Those boxes of pumpkins are DEEP! Found you on MckMama's website and wanted to check out your Not Me's! They're great.

applesofgold said...

Ho Ha HA He He Ha Ho!!!!! That purse in the pumpkin box was too funny. And I did not just have to type "foxturd" to post this message to you. lol

Jennifer said...

I can just see you bending over that cardboard box, diggin through the pumpkins to find your purse!! LOL

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Yay! YOu were first- did you feel the pressure? Cute ones!

Kerry said...

I love the Chuck Norris facts website. It cracks me up too! Um, of course, I wouldn't spend too much time laughing over it. Ahem.

3 Bay B Chicks said...

I think we are all a bit guilty of looking ahead to the Christmas holiday. I made my husband sit on the couch with me last night as we reviewed what we are buying for everyone! Husbands love those types of activities. Well done re at least looking at your budget. You are light years ahead of me.

PS: What a beautiful bride you were! :)

iheartbowheads.blogspot.com said...

Love the Walmart story - that sort of thing happens to me all the time :)

Ashley said...

just be glad that you have a husband that is obsessed over something too. cause then he can't complain about your obession :)

Amie said...

Very funny!

Since I am sure the box would have been taller than me, I am certain that I would NOT have fallen in and maybe peed my pants laughing so hard at the hilraity of it all!



:)
Amie
www.heart-smiles.blogspot.com

Ordinary Mom said...

I did not just about fall out of my chair laughing at your Not Me Monday post!
Have a great day!

Whitney said...

This was definitely not the best "Not Me's" I have read today!
Found you from the Mr. Linky - great list!

Claire said...

Haha! Go Mr Linky!

Love that you were the first link on MckMama's blog!

Woohoo!