Sunday, October 19, 2008

Pumpkin fun!

Today after church I carved my Fall pumpkin! It's an absolutely beautiful day and the dogs enjoyed being outside with me for a little while. They had to go inside, though, once they picked a mean fight with the dog next door through the fence. :(

Here's a couple of pictures of my scarecrow pumpkin!





Then I decided to roast the seeds. I've never done that before so I looked online to figure out how. The problem is that I wanted SWEET seeds and all the recipes used salt and garlic to make salty seeds. So I created my own version using cinnamon, butter, and brown sugar. Will that work? I guess we'll find out in...37 minutes. They sure make the house smell delightful, though!



Why do I love Fall so much? Probably because my mother raised me that way :)

Kevin and I are headed to Home Teams in a little while so I'm going to the grocery store to get the drinks we're going to bring. Later!

No comments: