Saturday, October 11, 2008

This week at work was really great! My kids were actually very well behaved for the most part. That in itself is a little bit of a surprise :)

Yesterday was a funny day for sure. I'll just tell you the top 3 funny things that made me laugh. Hopefully they'll do the same for you:

1. This one is slightly disturbing, but less so to me because I know that the little boy would never actually try to hurt a fly. T was sitting on the carpet with the rest of the class and we were singing our word wall songs. He was angry at me about something, but I didn't know why. I kept looking at him, smiling, trying to encourage him to make good choices. He was giving me a death glare. Then, he put his little hand in his pocket and pulled it back out, holding it like he was holding an invisible apple or something. He then proceeded to throw whatever it was he was pretending to hold at me (with a big smirk on his face). A second later, he made an explosion sound. Yes, Taryn blew me up with an invisible grenade.

2. 'Jake' was sitting on the carpet with both of his hands WAY down his pants. I told him to get them out off there. He pulled them out and started waving them around wildly, giggling hysterically. Then he yelled out "I touched my penis!" As other students started to lean away from his in disgust, he proceeded to wave his disgusting hands in their faces while he laughed maniacally.

3. It was time for show-and-tell and one boy brought up a tissue that was wadded into a ball. Many of the kids try to hide their show-and tell until they reveal it to build up the element of surprise, so I thought nothing of it. That is, until he brought it over to me and whispered in my ear: "You might want to open this. It really flies." After a series of exciting events, I discovered that he had caught three bugs at recess and put them away in his tissue dungeon for show-and-tell. Talk about the element of surprise!

In other news, I have been a very busy girl decorating our home for Fall and Halloween! Last year I didn't decorate the apartment, so it has been fun. I made a lot of the arrangments myself! It's not much, but I figure my collection will build over time. Here are some pictures:

The mantle in our TV room:


Our kitchen island:


The adorable scarecrow I bought at a flea market with my mom and my favorite pumpkin:


I traded out my flowers for fall colors:


I bought this gorgeous vase and all of the little things in it separately:


Our formal dining room table. Love the pumpkin:


The front of our house. I put up spider webs, window decals, tombstones, a light up pumpkin, a door mat and sign, and some fake rats and spiders:


A little view of the VERY front of our house. I love that ghost hanging from the tree. There are also some glow-in-the-dark bats hanging there also. The spider web is all over the bushes further on down the house also, but I couldn't get a picture of those because there were neighbors outside and I just MIGHT have still been wearing my nightgown at 1pm!!!



The last picture is of the only inside Halloween decorations I have; the rest are fall. Notice the halloween ornaments on the tree!

No comments: